Marvel at my stupidity

Subject: Marvel at my stupidity
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:18:13 -0700

See what an idiot I am - I can't even spell prima donna. Sorry you can all
stop
telling me how to spell this now. I am stupid. I am a loser. I am unworthy
of
licking the boot of a janitor. You have all enlightened me. I am whole
again.

Which affords me another reflection.

Why are some people obsessed with perfection?

I worked for this guy once a few years back who would turn red and scream at
me
if there were more than one or two errors in my draft documents. I tried to
tell him that it was impossible to write a long, complex technical document
without needing some editing. Sheesh, I'm not perfect.

Nevertheless, he yelled that GOOD technical writers should NEVER make
spelling
mistakes or grammatically errors. Talk about a prima donna.

I don't know about the rest of you but there is a reason editors were
invented.
Perfection is impossible.

I am so glad I own my own company now. At least now the jerk I work for is
pretty forgiving of me. I hated working for incompetent managers. Why does
it
seem like every third manager is a raging moron machine? As if the universe
was
specially formulated just for them to torture the little people. I think
STC
is behind this. It is probably some really complex global conspiracy. It
always is.

:-)

Back to the grind.

Andrew