User Documentation Preferences [WAS: Frame & WWP vs Word & RoboHelp]

Subject: User Documentation Preferences [WAS: Frame & WWP vs Word & RoboHelp]
From: mmorgan -at- INTREPID -dot- CDG-HARGRAY -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:30:01 -0500

Linda said:

>The senior manager present stated the new
>products would be so easy to use there would be
>no need for any user information.

I guess this would follow the trend in marketing
to tout, "Our software is completely intuitive."
Yeah, and so is UNIX ; ) With so many user
cultures, I don't think it's safe to say that anything
is intuitive. If it were, we wouldn't need instructions
printed on the packaging for a bar of soap, would we?

Speaking of trends, I've also noticed that the
software salespeople have jumped on the
single-sourcing bandwagon. You ought to hear
some of the fluff they are spouting. It's rich <g>

Melissa Morgan
mmorgan -at- intrepid -dot- cdg-hargray -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=