Re: Scratch

Subject: Re: Scratch
From: Archie Ziviello <aziviello -at- NESL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:57:55 -0400

How about "Designing Custom Queries"

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Wilson [mailto:shawn -dot- wilson -at- IDSNET -dot- COM]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 3:02 PM
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Subject: Scratch

In a software manual I am writing, there are two ways of creating a
pre-defined database query: the user can modify an existing query, or he can
create one from scratch, which involves him choosing a large number of
properties and values.

The problem is, I don't want to say "Creating a Query From Scratch". I'm
not sure if it's slang or not, but it seems too informal for this manual.
Everyone I've asked for suggestions could only come up with phrases that are
even slangier: "From square one" or "From whole cloth" or "From the
get-go...".

Okay, they weren't serious about that last one. But I could lose my STC
membership if I seriously put "Creating a Query From Square One" in this
manual.

Is there any better phrase for this? Or should I just rephrase?

Shawn Wilson
Technical Writer
310-478-4015 x289

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=