That Wacky Word (was: text changing size when files inserted)

Subject: That Wacky Word (was: text changing size when files inserted)
From: Cirrus Matusek <CMatusek -at- LTDCOMMODITIES -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:20:55 -0500

Thanks to ALL who offered up suggestions on my perplexing text-size problem.
The solution I've found -- and I'm not sure if it's really a solution, but
it's working thus far -- is one of those weird Word glitches.

I realized that in my originating document files (the smaller ones I was
inserting into the major document), I was sizing the text in the call-out
boxes by selecting the text and going up to the pt. size drop down box and
selecting 9 instead of 12, which it was at. On other call out text
(sometimes in the same image), I selected the text and, instead of going up
to the pt.size drop down choice box, I simply used control-left bracket.
THEN, when I inserted the file into the the document, the call outs that
were done with Control-left bracket remained at their 9pt font as I wanted
them to, and the ones that I sized by using the drop down box changed to 12
pt!

anyway, to change them all from my major document, I simply selected all the
text that ballooned and used control-left bracket to size them down to 9pts.
then I control-shft-F7'd to save the change back to its original source.
Then, just to check and make sure, I F9'd and updated the field -- and it
stayed the same -- something I hadn't been able to get it to do for three
months.

hope this helps any other poor souls suffering from word's antics!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=