Re: Scratch

Subject: Re: Scratch
From: Shawn Wilson <shawn -dot- wilson -at- IDSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:36:11 -0700

Okay, I should have explained. To all those people who responded off-list
within five minutes of posting: Thanks, and I'm sorry I was unclear.
Actually I need THREE phrases, not two.

The way I've explained, there are three things you can do: Create a New
Query From Scratch, Create a New Query by Modifying an Existing One, and
Modify an Existing Query.

See, a predefined query can be temporarily "modified" and used, without
saving the changes. That, in fact, is the way the software will be used the
most.

If I can use MS-Word as an analogy, my three choices are:
- Creating a document from a blank "New" document
- Creating a document by changing an existing one and using "Save As"
- Opening an existing document, making some changes, printing it out,
and closing it without saving the changes. (This is the most important
one).

(And by the way, I was looking for phrases I could use in the text as well
as in a header.)

Thanks again!

Shawn Wilson
Technical Writer