Re: Marvel at my stupidity

Subject: Re: Marvel at my stupidity
From: PHILA -at- MAIL -dot- VIPS -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:42:39 -0400

I grew up hearing my father singing "Glory, glory hallelooooljah!" with
great gusto in the Battle Hymn of the Republic...

And then there was the classmate who was certain the line from the Hail Mary
was "Blessed are you, a monk swimmin."

When my son loved the Pogues song, "The Gartloney Rats," I couldn't resist
bowdlerizing it a bit..."They never got drunk but stayed sober" turned into
"They never had lumps in their sofas." He still thinks that's the title of
the song.

Phila

Philomena Hoopes
Phila -at- vips -dot- com