Re: Marvel at my stupidity

Subject: Re: Marvel at my stupidity
From: Adam Korman <akorman -at- EPICOR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:11:48 -0700

Funny, someone just sent this to me the other day. I can't vouch for whether
or not it's true, but it sounds reasonable enough:

The term "the whole 9 yards" came from W.W.II fighter pilots in the Pacific.
When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo
belts measured exactly 27 feet before being loaded into the fuselage. If the
pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards".