Re: Marvel at my stupidity

Subject: Re: Marvel at my stupidity
From: "Johnson, Dick D" <Dick -dot- Johnson2db8ef -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:03:57 -0700

This has been one of the most entertaining threads I've seen. Several of
the posts to this thread have resurrected some memories from the cobwebs of
my mind and I have a couple to share, which are somewhat back on subject,
but humorously helpful.

Over the years, I've become a bit of a 'perfectionist' for proper spelling.
For some reason, incorrectly spelled words seem to jump out at me and slap
me in the face. Near my home in Oregon, a local school placed a changeable
letter sign out front with the message "SUMMER LIBARY HOURS..." Yes, a
school. It was there all summer. I had the urge, but did not follow up, to
tape another sign indicating "SPELING LESUNS IN THE LIBARY."

Also, there've been a few mentions of spelling checkers. Here is something
I recently received via email that should be shared here. The author is
unknown. If anyone out there knows the author, please advise so proper
credit can be given.

Spell Checker

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Author unknown...

The above passes known spelling checks yet, consists of nearly all the wrong
words. Then, somehow, it still gets the message across. Some brilliant
person spent more than a small amount of time creating it.

Enjoy!

Dick Johnson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=