Re: security issues/telecommuting

Subject: Re: security issues/telecommuting
From: mmorgan -at- INTREPID -dot- CDG-HARGRAY -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:54:35 -0500

I think the problem might be that your company just
isn't getting creative enough with their use of space.
I propose the new and improved "Loft Cube". This
space-saver uses the same technology utilized in
dormitories all over the country. By building a second
level to each cube, each square inch is used to its
maximum potential---from floor to ceiling. The dangling
wires from the upper seats also provide a perfect spot
to hang coffee mugs, holiday ornaments, and the lump
of coal your clever co-worker gave you for Christmas,
thereby reserving your desk space for papers only.

In addition, the center of the cube could be put to
better use by installing a communications hub. This
two-level structure would contain one phone per
level, a pneumatic tube for passing documents to
the lower level, and a fax located between the two
levels (who REALLY needs to fax anymore, anyway).
The entire hub would rotate, as well, and would
contain the Central Processing Monitor (CPM). With
super special programming, each cube-player would
get 2 minutes of monitor use at a time. In this two
minutes the cube-player can easily memorize the
text on the screen, and continue to key the rest of
his/her information until the next 2 minute session.

As more and more companies implement these plans,
it will become apparent that we will no longer need
floors in our buildings, but more of a silo construction
with a major communications hub in the center, and
stairs to each sub-level. This would be the most
efficient working environment ever.

*****But seriously, if you are sure there is no way
to change the working conditions, and you are
dissatisfied with them, look elsewhere. Security
should not be that big of a problem if there were
proper measures taken. Besides, what stops you
from going home every day and documenting
everything that's in your head? I don't think they
have sophisticated security that routinely cleans
your mind of anything you learned at work during
the day! What if someone in the company has
a photographic memory? Isn't that a leak of info
as well? They really need to put some trust in
the professionalism of their employees, and if
they refuse to, I would really look elsewhere.
Just my opinion, though.

Melissa Morgan
mmorgan -at- intrepid -dot- cdg-hargray -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=