FWD: How much job hopping is OK and how to explain it?

Subject: FWD: How much job hopping is OK and how to explain it?
From: Anonymous Poster <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:46:03 -0600

I am curious to know what is considered "job hopping" and is it
acceptable these days because of the nature of technology?

Also, how do you explain to potential employers, when you have
taken several jobs that turned out to be REALLY, REALLY bad
choices and have had the opportunity to leave them after just a
few months and did? Or, what if you have a really bad year where
life occurrences cause you to make bad choices? I know that you
are supposed to keep your professional life and personal life
separate, but sometimes that just isn't possible. When you are
interviewing, how do you explain what happened and why? Or do
you explain it? What are employers looking for?

I know this isn't totally on topic, but we have been talking
about interviews, etc. So I just thought I'd put this out there.
Thanks in advance for your comments.

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=