Re: Senior v. Princpal Writer Responsibilities/Compensation

Subject: Re: Senior v. Princpal Writer Responsibilities/Compensation
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- INTERACCESS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:15:38 -0500

this is a startup company that wants to keep the overhead low? you've just
built in more managerial levels than you'll have writers, especially after
you
get done paying for those lofty titles.

If you really want to keep costs low, divide the work by project. appoint a
documentation lead for each project, or better yet get someone to volunteer.
Give them a general list of expected duties, have each lead keep a list of
addition things that are day-to-day and long range tasks.
Then look at the responsibilites AFTER you and the company have been through
couple of cycles.

i'm sure this wasn't what you wanted to hear, but your proposal looks VERY
expensive to me.

jarnopol

Kasie Snyder <Kasie -dot- Snyder -at- PULSE -dot- COM>wrote:
<Fellow Technical Communicators:
I am considering the creation of a Principal Technical Writer position in my
Technical Publications group. <snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=