Re: Marvel at my stupidity

Subject: Re: Marvel at my stupidity
From: Ian Ferguson <IanFe -at- ATTACHMATE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:19:17 -0700

I couldn't resist adding one more:

A woman who wanted to get married was telling my friend about how she lived
with a man for several years before finally giving him "the old tomato." My
friend, who has a technical writer-ish concern for accuracy and interest in
words (he became a lawyer though), pressed her until he discovered that she
had misheard "ultimatum," and had been referring to the old tomato for
several years without anyone wondering what she was talking about.

Ian Ferguson
Technical Writer, Attachmate Corp.
ianfe -at- attachmate -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=