Re: Simple Verbiage Question

Subject: Re: Simple Verbiage Question
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:45:58 -0700

> I can't think of a single type of material in which
> I'd find
> "utilize" acceptable. Does it ever mean something
> that "use"
> doesn't?

I see a slight difference. To me.."utilize" takes the
meaning of leveraging existing functionality for
purposes that might not have been anticipated, while
"use" is to use the functionality for the purpose it
was designed.

(Functionality. I like that word. I think I'll make it
a goal to use it 5 times more today.)

===
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
732-594-0873