Re: Did I screw up or what?

Subject: Re: Did I screw up or what?
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:48:00 -0700

John is right on the mark on this one.

Why not complement a developer or SME on their work?

The developers I work with come up with some really cool stuff, and I always
let them know I'm impressed.

Two phrases for technical writers to live by are:

1. Praise cool stuff in public, report bugs quietly in private.

2. You attract more SME's with candy and complements then grammar
lessons.

Enjoy your weekend!

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Senior Technical Writer
Tektronix, Inc.
* Phone: 503.627.4079
* Email: barry -dot- kieffer -at- tek -dot- com

John Posada writes:
> Geezzzz...you would have thought that nobody ever said
> a nice word to him about his program. He turned from
> the type of developer who answers with a one-word
> replies into a chattering magpie. I only had an hour
> to spend with him...there I am packing my case and
> notebook and he's saying "Let me show you another
> part..."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=