Re: Engineer to Tech Writer

Subject: Re: Engineer to Tech Writer
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- NAVAIR -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 07:12:25 -0700

Hi Megan --

Sounds like you and I are in similar positions. I have an MS in aerospace
engineering and have been working fairly successfully in the field for 20
years. After alot of soul searching the last couple of years, I decided to
move towards technical writing because that's what I seem to do best. Plus I
enjoy it.

It's turning out to be a challenge to feel out the proper balance between my
old engineering hat and my new technical writing hat. For the most part my
colleagues are puzzled but supportive. But a few others seem to have decided
that I'm a sorta secretary now. I'm working on educating them.

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I'd just assumed that I was a rare beast
-- an engineer that likes to write! Perhaps not.

-- Meg

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=