Request for subject tags: (was ADMIN: Rules Reminder again)

Subject: Request for subject tags: (was ADMIN: Rules Reminder again)
From: Kathy Frost <FrostDoc -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:05:41 -0400

> At the very least we should encourage the use of the "OT" tag, which you
> prepend to the Subject line to warn folks if your post is off-topic.
Eric,
> how do you feel about the "OT" convention?

I agree with Lindsey on the "OT" or CHAT or any other tag that would help in
identifying topics. TWs are prolific writers in all media and I get more
mail than is comfortable to wade through. I have tried to change to digest,
but the listserv will not let me. Other sites have tags, like CHAT, USAGE,
TOOLS, etc. We need to push for that on TECHWR-L, if only so a filter
program will weed out the subjects we're are interested in. I can only get
this list at home, since the volume is far too great to stress my office
servers, no matter how good some of the content might be. At home, I have
my work email address with the display name of "work" and one at the office
for "home". Anything I find that I need at work, I just forward.

Kathy Frost
FrostDoc -at- Earthlink -dot- Net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=