RE: Is Java a good class to take for technical writing ?

Subject: RE: Is Java a good class to take for technical writing ?
From: "Brady, Joy" <JBrady -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'Chris Fitzgerald'" <chrisfitztex -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:05:20 -0400

If you are thinking about using these languages for web page
development, I would recommend javaSCRIPT instead. It is not the same thing,
but it IS the scripting language used, along with Vbscript, most often for
web pages. (A lot of those buttons on web pages that glow when your cursor
slides over them, pop-up windows, etc. are done with javascript).

A lot of folks think javascript is a subset of java, but it
really isn't quite. And java's a lot to take on if you're remaining a
technical writer. O'Reilly publishes a wonderful javascript reference guide,
and www.javagoodies.com <http://www.javagoodies.com> would be a nice start
for learning javascript. This will save you a lot of $$ also.
Joy M. Brady
Sr. Technical Writer/Retail Systems Documentation (CAD4A)
mailto:jbrady -at- alldata -dot- net <mailto:jbrady -at- alldata -dot- net>
614.729.4645 (voice)
614.729.4499 (fax)

Visit our Systems Documentation Web Site:
http://web/RETAppDevel/retailsub_appdev_frames.htm
<http://web/RETAppDevel/retailsub_appdev_frames.htm>