Subject: [techwr-l] Re: Frame to HTML numbered list conversions
From: "Tristan Bishop" <claritydocs -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:56:01 -0700

Good afternoon.

In search of single-source solutions - - I'm attempting to create a training
manual template in frame 5.5.6 that easily converts to an Intranet page(s),
using the Save as HTML feature.

In Frame, my numbered step series' are interupted by body text, bulleted
lists and the like, only to successfully resume in sequence.

In HTML, however, the numbered steps and bullets get "independant." They
have their own opinion about how to behave.

In Frame utilities, I've mapped my N1 and N+ paragraph tags to HTML "List
Item" and "List Item continued" respectively. Logic dictates this should
work. However, in HTML, the steps re-number after every paragraph-format
interuption in Frame.

I've listed an example of how things look at the bottom of this e-mail. Any
suggestions and input are most appreciated.

Thanks so much, in advance.

Tristan Bishop
Clarity Consulting

====================
EXAMPLE:

Frame:

1) Click Go
2) Say Hi

* Hi is a short word
* Hi is a friendly word

3) Smile
4) Wave
=============

In HTML

1) Click Go
2) Say Hi

Hi is a short word
Hi is a friendly word

1) Smile
2) Wave

As a leading service provider to technical writers, we are proud to sponsor

Rely on ForeignExchange for responsive and professional
software localization and technical translation services.

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

From