RE: [techwr-l] reader feedback.

Subject: RE: [techwr-l] reader feedback.
From: "Megan Golding" <megan -dot- golding -at- dvtsensors -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:38:59 -0400

[snipped]

Original poster wanted to know about getting feedback from users.

Kate O'Neill suggested:
> Have you done any user analysis? Focus groups? One-
> on-one discussions? Those would seem to be the most
> sure ways of getting direct feedback.

My company does a "round table" session during a working lunch period on the
last day of training. We ask students (who typically have prior experience
using our system) what is lacking in our software, hardware, documentation,
business plan, etc.

I've found that intermediate-level trainees can provide great feedback on
documentation deficiencies. For example, I recently got feedback that my
help system included some inaccurate information (*gasp*).

For those soliciting feedback on documentation issues, I'd recommend tying
it into any training programs you might have.

Megan Golding
Jack (er, Jane) - of - all - trades
DVT Corporation