RE: Word Numbering

Subject: RE: Word Numbering
From: "Brathwaite, Chantel" <cbrathwaite -at- python -dot- ideas -dot- com>
To: "'Bonnie Granat'" <bgranat -at- lynx -dot- dac -dot- neu -dot- edu>, "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'bgranat -at- ptc -dot- com'" <bgranat -at- ptc -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:19:35 -0400

Bonnie,

I can't help you with the numbering problem. I have the same problem. The
only thing that I can think of is to use the organizer to copy all of the
non-numbered styles to your document. But you still have to worry about
updates. Maybe someone else can help.

This is from MS Word help -- good luck. It is from the section entitled
"Print a document":

You can print specific pages, one or more sections, or a range of pages in
more than one section. On the File menu, click Print. Then in the Pages box
do one of the following:

For Noncontiguous pages
Type the page numbers with commas between them. Type the range of pages with
a hyphen between the starting and ending numbers in the range.For example,
to print pages 2, 4, 5, 6, and 8, type 2,4-6,8

For A range of pages within a section
Type p page number s section number.For example, to print pages 5 through 7
in section 3, type p5s3-p7s3

For An entire section
Type s section number.For example, type s3

For Noncontiguous sections
Type the section numbers with commas between them.For example, type s3,s5

For A range of pages across sections
Type a range of page numbers and the sections that contain them with a
hyphen between the starting and ending numbers in the range.For example,
type p2s2-p3s5