Re: 60 Hours per Week at Level 1 Process Maturity

Subject: Re: 60 Hours per Week at Level 1 Process Maturity
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 21:16:51 -0400

Yes, but an increase in what you're calling Process Maturity Level
invariably leads to a decrease in what I call "Enjoyable Workplace." When
a company gets too stiff, it breaks, instead of bending. Of course,
that's just my experience, but I prefer companies with fewer processes
and more flexibility. I suppose that's why I tend to work for startups
more than megacorps, higher number of hours and all.

Just one opinion...

----->Mike

On 09/02/1999 6:12 PM, Anthony Markatos (tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com) wrote:

>It has been my observation that, within the software industry, the average
>total hours worked per week is inversely related to the organizations
>Process Maturity Level. That is, as the Process Maturity Level decreases
>(moving from 5 to 0), the avg number of hours worked increases. Has this
>been your experience also?

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman