Estimating a Task Analysis

Subject: Estimating a Task Analysis
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 11:11:15 PDT

Question to all listserv members:

I recently submitted a listerv posting asking how to estimate complex (documentation) projects. I got several good responses. However, the respondents gave me suggestions as how to estimate a documentation project AFTER the Task (and User) Analysis has been performed.

Is there any way of estimating the Task Analysis portion of the project?

Estimating the task analysis portion of a project is where I get tongue tied -- especially for complex buisness systems. Once I have identified all the tasks, understand how the tasks interrelate, and have broken them down into "right-size" chucks, estimating the rest of the project is fairly straight forward. But how does one estimate the tasks analysis portion of a documentaion project?

All responses appreciated.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)