Re: Estimating a Task Analysis

Subject: Re: Estimating a Task Analysis
From: "Leslie Johnson" <custcomm -at- cadvision -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 14:02:29 -0600

estesk -at- nationwide -dot- com wrote:

"Do you have a sample of
one that we could review. Or do you know if any resources where I could find
sample task analysis?"

Hi estesk (I couldn't decipher your name from the email address),

I have a number of samples, but I'll have to get permission from S.I. Writes
(the company I work for), and possibly the clients, to share them, since
they contain a fair amount of client-confidential information. I'll ask, but
don't get your hopes up <g>.

In the meantime, Joanne Hackos has a really good book about documentation
process, and it has some good task analysis info in it. Also, check out
First Things Fast (Allison Rossett) - it has good stuff in it as well. It's
slanted more toward performance analysis and training, but you can adapt it.
These are the only 2 sources I've seen that have reasonable task analysis
information in them - if anyone knows of anything else, I'd love to find
out.

Hope this helps!

Leslie Johnson
S.I. Writes