Tech. Translation

Subject: Tech. Translation
From: Andrew Nichols <nicho1ab -at- jmu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 18:27:43 -0400

I need help with giving an estimate on a tech translation. The
translation is of a diploma and transcript from Russian to English. A
difficult to read copy was provided, but the content is simple.

I think that it will take about 1.5 hours to translate and write up.
Does anyone know a good going rate for Russian to English? Are there
levels of translation like levels of edit? Does one charge more/less for

Russian than other languages?

Any help or sources of information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew