IXGen for Word thread -- whither Indexicon?

Subject: IXGen for Word thread -- whither Indexicon?
From: AlumsHubby -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:09:53 EDT

I, too, am desperate for an app that'll go through my Word documents and
automagically create an index. I thought I'd found one, but it's not quite
that simple.

Iconovex (http://www.iconovex.com/) has -- or HAD -- Indexicon, an add-on for
Word that finds and marks documents. Their site even has a crippleware demo
that'll parse the first 5 pages or 30K, whichever comes first.

The short version: If anybody's got a fully licensed copy to sell me, pls E
me at the stated email address. I need it, like, NOW. I'm up against a 30
Sept deadline.

The long version:

I originally contacted via email this company in late June about purchasing
Indexicon. On July 8th I got this reply:

Mr. McClain,

Sorry to be so slow in responding. There are no prices posted at the
moment because everything is in a bit of limbo while the company is being
acquired. This process should run its course over the next 3 to 4 weeks, I
should think. We had been selling Indexicon as a simple single-license
end-user product for $129. I can't yet say what the pricing will look like
once the new company is up and running.

Sincerely,

Terry Maguire
Vice President Language Technology

terry -at- iconovex -dot- com
612-930-4673 voice
612-930-4676 fax

The Iconovex Corporation
1313 5th Street S.
Hopkins, MN 55343
http://www.iconovex.com

I've tried contacting them by phone at Terry Maguire's number and at the main
number ( -4675), and apparently their phones are disconnected. Their site's
still up, though, so somebody must be paying some bills somewhere. If
anybody knows Terry M or anything about the status of Iconovex and Indexicon,
I'd appreciate their communicating with me, offline, soonest.