RE: Prompt as ask

Subject: RE: Prompt as ask
From: "David Chinell" <dchinell -at- msn -dot- com>
To: "'Jim Cort'" <jcort -at- totaltel -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:53:55 -0400

Jim:

I think the other replies got distracted by the
ghost in the machine issue. For my money, prompt
is a BAD fit as a synonym for ask. I'd rather see
a construction like:

A "yes" answer lets the system find any new or
invalid wuddleblups. The system prompts the user
to add the new ones and delete the invalid ones.

--or--

The system prompts the user to determine whether
it should add the new ones and delete the invalid
ones.

Bear