Re: templates for booklets

Subject: Re: templates for booklets
From: "Bev Lockhart" <bl -at- seattlelab -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, Holtec -at- comity -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:18:47 -0700

I use Word (I totally understand being *stuck* with it), and format it in
the booklet form for print from the beginning. Then later I convert to
8-1/2x11 for download by customers. We also put the whole thing through
Robohelp to create html help files.

I've heard that Clickbooks is a good way to convert to booklet form from
Word, but I haven't bothered to go out and get it. I rarely have problems
using Word, but none of my documents are more than 200 pages long. You can
help Word out by linking the images (you have to keep them in the same file
as the Word doc), then embedding them when you're done with the document.

Is there a reliable third party package (not some full blown DTP that
converts my Word doc to something else) that 'imposes'?
--
Peter Jones
~~~~~ Bev Lockhart, Documentation Editor for Seattle Lab