RE: FWD: Which came first: the manual or the help?

Subject: RE: FWD: Which came first: the manual or the help?
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: "Aoidìn Scully" <ascully -at- flexicom -dot- com>, Techwr-l <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 99 14:08:47 -0500

Hi Aoidin,
It really depends on the application. Some things are more conducive to
online help than others. For instance, I don't hesitate to put procedures
into online, but I'd never put referential material there.

I don't think it matters which portion you write first. The important thing
is to get the right materials into the right media. This, of course, should
be decided, in a perfect world, when the design team meets, of which you are a
key member. If you happen to live in a less than perfect world, and who of us
does not, look at your content, decide what belongs where and pick the portion
you want to write first.

hth,
jarnopol

Aoidin Scully writes:
<snip>
>When you're creating both a manual and online help for an application, which
>do you create first?
<snip>