FrontPage 98 styles misery

Subject: FrontPage 98 styles misery
From: "Beth Kane" <BethKane -at- TCISolutions -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:25:55 -0700

I'm writing to you with my FrontPage horrors again...
Why is it that reapplying a style to a messed-up format does not work? I
can't find anything in the online Help system about this.

For example, somehow my header 4 starts displaying in a serif font. Why,
when I click that paragraph and then click header 4 in the Change Style box,
does it not reapply the correct (sans serif) style as it is defined? Even
the point size has gone bad and will not reapply.

I've been making manual changes in the HTML view of this doc, copying and
pasting in the proper fonts for the paragraphs. This works, but it's taking
too long. I don't want to spend all week copying and pasting when the styles
SHOULD be working.

If this is the way the standard styles that come with FrontPage behave, does
anyone know where I can get an external style sheet, similar to the stock
one, that really works the way styles should?

Thanks very much,
Beth Kane (HTML newbie)
bethkane -at- tcisolutions -dot- com