Proposals as simple, easy-to-understand documents...

Subject: Proposals as simple, easy-to-understand documents...
From: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:19:06 -0700

Okay, now that I've captured your attention with the oxymoron in my subject
line, please offer some advice:

I've been asked to rewrite the basic proposal format for my company. What a
mess! Passive voice everywhere, long, unwieldy sentences, lots of abstract
ideas...If I rewrite in simple, clear, clean, prose, am I violating some
invisible law that proposals must be complicated, unattractive beasts for
potential clients to read? It sure seems that way.

I'd appreciate the support and encouragement of anyone who's been in my
shoes.

Thanks.

Karen Field