Mentors needed

Subject: Mentors needed
From: Susan Loudermilk <slouderm -at- falcon -dot- tamucc -dot- edu>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:42:55

I am teaching a course called "Business and Professional Writing" at Texas
A&M University - Corpus Christi. The course is an introductory junior
level course geared toward technical writing and it is required of all
criminal justice majors. I also teach another junior level course called
"Writing in the Professions" that has a broad range of majors and some
students who really aspire to be technical writers. I need two things.
First, any tips you could give me as a teacher, such as what types of
introduction to technical writing do you wish you had had, or what types of
things did you do in school that have helped you most in your job. Second,
I welcome any of you to join our listservs and contribute to the discussion
in order to give the students real world information.

The listserv addresses to subscribe are

for "Business and Professional Writing" engl3301201-l -at- listserv -dot- tamucc -dot- edu
for "Writing in the Professions" engl3375tamucc-subscribe -at- egroups -dot- com

Thanks,

Susan Loudermilk, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi