Re: FrontPage 98 styles misery

Subject: Re: FrontPage 98 styles misery
From: Steve Fouts <stefou -at- eskimo -dot- com>
To: aschiff -at- factset -dot- com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:25:23 -0700

I think I've had this discussion in the past here. While none of the browsers,
not even Opera, support 100% of the CSS spec, it is certainly possible to
completely replace font tags in IE 3, IE 4, NN 4, and Opera, which was my
original (and only) contention. There is no good reason to use the font tag ever
again.

Both the major browsers seem to be having difficulty re-writing the parts of the
rendering engine that control white space, so margins, padding, borders, and so
on is still patchy, but you can't do that with a font tag either.

Check out the Web Review site for what you need to avoid and you won't have too
many problems.

http://webreview.com/wr/pub/guides/style/style.html