Menu bar or Menubar?

Subject: Menu bar or Menubar?
From: "Keith Long" <keith -at- kglongware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 14:39:31 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am writing a user guide for a technical writing course that I am taking,
and was wondering about the "standard" spelling/usage of several
software-related terms. In particular:

tool bar -or- toolbar ?
menu bar -or- menubar ?
task bar -or- taskbar ?

I have seen these terms used in different ways before--even nonconsistently
within a single document! For my project, however, I have been spelling
them as two words instead of one (in order to be consistent). Please let me
know your opinions on this, and I apologize if this question has come up
before... Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Keith