Re: Sun/StarDivision StarOffice software suite

Subject: Re: Sun/StarDivision StarOffice software suite
From: Sandy Harris <sharris -at- dkl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:16:44 -0400

Michael Andrew Uhl wrote:

> Are any of you using the newly free-of-charge StarOffice 5.1 software
> suite?

I haven't used it yet myself, and have talked to only one user. He
was quite happy with it, but had not done any really large jobs with it.

Please post when you've evaluated it.

For those who wonder what we're talking about, Sun just bought a
European company which makes a multilingual office suite for NT
and several varieties of Unix, including Linux. Sun have made it free.
Download it for nothing, or pay $10 + shipping for CD.

http://www.sun.com/dot-com/staroffice.html