Re: Numbering Steps for Multiple Paths

Subject: Re: Numbering Steps for Multiple Paths
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:51:09 -0500

> I still don't buy it. The number "1." for a step is a multipurpose
> identifier that clarifies there is only one step <snip>

To me it does just the opposite... having a step 1 implies there will be a step
2. I'd end up looking for step 2, wondering if my manual was defective, calling
the company and complaining, and boring people for years to come with the story
of the manual that only had step 1... but that's just me.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc