Independent Editors - What do they do?

Subject: Independent Editors - What do they do?
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:22:01 PDT

Qusetions to all listserv members:

I recently reviewed the STC independent contractor salary survey. It says that the most typical task performed by independents is editing. Who is going to pay big bucks ($40 - 50 dollars/hour or more)to do administrative assistant work? (That is who typically edits my work.)

Am I missing something: a more sophisticated service that editors provide?

I seek responses for career planning purposes. All responses appreciated.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)