RE: Respect (was Motivation For Overtime?)

Subject: RE: Respect (was Motivation For Overtime?)
From: "Bowen, Marianne" <Marianne -dot- Bowen -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "'Mary Reinhardt'" <mbreinha -at- us -dot- oracle -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:04:59 -0400

I tend to ask prospective employers about the methodology they are using. If
they claim to have a methodology in place I will ask what the methodology
was based on. It is possible to make those questions sound pretty harmless,
but answers can tell you a lot.

It is very hard to find IT companies that are already certified at level 2
or even higher. I find it however very challenging to come in and help a
company get there, by creating the processes necessary and by helping with
the development of a methodology that can be used across the board. I find
it relatively easy to get respect in a company once they see that *I* have
processes for my documentation development, and that it helps me produce
better materials.

And btw., I generally assume that a company is at CMM level 1 unless they
show me different. :)

Marianne