RE: Who dreams up these things?

Subject: RE: Who dreams up these things?
From: Damien_Braniff -at- pac -dot- co -dot- uk
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:25:30 +0100

I half agree with Andrew though I doubt that he has no process he follows. Of
course it very much depends on your definition of exactly what a process is.
What Andrew described - play with product, natter to engineers etc IS a process.
We all have one the works for US. Where the problem lies (I think this is what
Andrew's getting at) is when the process becomes the be all and end all instead
of a guide to point us in the right direction. Whatever "process" you happen to
use it must, first and foremost, be flexible as each job is different. If it's
not then you're into the realms of beaurocracy and that favourite passtime of
TWers everywhere - banging your head against a brick wall.

With writing we say, know your audience and keep it simple (relative to your
audience of course!). The same with a process - keep it simple and adaptable.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International