Re: Copyright blurb?

Subject: Re: Copyright blurb?
From: Mark Magennis <markmagennis -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 01:06:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca> wrote:
> ...The standard copyright notice contains only three things:
> - the word "copyright" and/or the (C) symbol
> - the name of the copyright holder
> - the year of publication.

I have been told to include not just the publication year, but a
range of years, spanning the time during which all the content
was written.

Take a look at Help|About in Word 97. You'll see the statement
Copyright (C) 1983-1997 Microsoft Corporation. This is to cover
any code it may contain from previous versions of Word.

Similarly, many of the documents I produce are built upon
previous documents, or include fragments of text written
previously. A document I write today may contain text written in
1997, so I would say Copyright (C) 1997-1999 MyCompany.

Mark