Re: Easter Egg Recognition

Subject: Re: Easter Egg Recognition
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "Peter" <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:33:13 -0400

None of the companies I've worked for have received customer complaints
about the bloat due to easter eggs. Due to feature creep and other kinds
of unnecessary software obesity, yes, but not due to any easter eggs.

Remember, to quote PC Magazine's review of Office 2000:

>The new Premium Edition includes no fewer than ten primary applications
>and consumes as much as 526MB of hard disk space.

And that's with or without any easter eggs it might contain.

Perspective is everything.

------>Mike

On 09/29/1999 7:19 PM, Peter (pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com) wrote:

>Of course, not one end user objects to the bloat.
>Just my 2 cents
>
>Mike Stockman wrote:
>>
>> In my experience it's very common, especially among startups. I've had my
>> name and once my picture (part of a group photo) appear in a hidden
>> dialog, and it's always a kick to see it come up.

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman