RE: The Benefits of Printing In-House

Subject: RE: The Benefits of Printing In-House
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: dave -at- toonboom -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:09:23 -0700

Greetings John,

What is at issue here is knowing your core business.

Is your company in business to manufacture manuals? I don't think so.

Does you company believe that they can produce manuals faster and cheaper
then the local print shop? If so, you should also be in the printing
business.

This is simply knowing your businesses core competency.

Concentrate on the end product you do best: that what generates revenue and
pays the bills. Farm out that what someone else can do faster and cheaper,
namely reproduction of printed material.

Hope this helps in your education of those in power.

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Senior Technical Writer
Tektronix, Inc.