Re: Reasons for and against Courier?

Subject: Re: Reasons for and against Courier?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 07:06:13 -0700 (PDT)

> Teri Ward is <<...working on a project where the
> customer wants
> an old, 1000-page document updated. The document is
> so old it's
> formatted in Courier, and this is the font the
> Customer wants me to
> use on the _new_ document. She believes that Courier
> is
> eminently readable and the best choice of fonts.
> Help! >>

I think the most important word in the above statement
is "customer". Explain your opinion, the reasons for
that opinion, and alternatives, as Geoff outlined
(quite well). However, if the customer still wants
courier, then courier it is.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard