Frame to PDF: Links and chopped bleed edges

Subject: Frame to PDF: Links and chopped bleed edges
From: "Donoghue, Mike" <donoghmi -at- amsworld -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:16:57 -0400

Hello -

Our team is trying to come up with an online template so we can convert our
Frame docs to PDF yet still maintain a printable piece.

We're working out some of the navigational issues, but I'm not clear on what
Frame does - I need someone to confirm my suspicions or tell me I'm using
the product incorrectly.

First I generate my Frame book with appropriate TOC. I then select "Set Up
File" for the TOC and elect to "Create Hypertext Links" and click "Set". I
then create the PDF.

Confusion: Are my TOC links in the PDF only supposed to appear in the
Bookmarks pane or do should they also be generated on the TOC pages (so that
if I click a title, I go to the page)?

Also, a colleague has developed sidebar graphics that bleed to the edge of
the page. Somehow though when I generate the PDF, the images are "trimmed".
Her PDF files look fine - what setting of mine is incorrect?

-Mike

Mike Donoghue
Documentation Unit
Rating Services / AMS Services, Inc.