RE: Squashed egos... it ain't pretty!

Subject: RE: Squashed egos... it ain't pretty!
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, majordomo -at- news -dot- blue-sky -dot- com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:06:31 -0700

The ignorance I have to deal with goes something like this:

Program Manager:
"We need to cut down on the time and cost of all of the documentation you
create. Instead of writing all of the (paper) manuals, how much time and
money can we save if you JUST put everything online?"

Gee Mr. Program Manager, if I "JUST" put everything online, I don't have to
write a thing! It will just be there (somehow).

Where Lisamarie almost blew out an artery, I stood there dumbfounded. I
never in all of my career realized that instead of writing all of that
stuff, I could "JUST" put it online.

Now that we have online documentation, we technical writers do not have to
write anything anymore. Take it from my astute program manager: "Just put it
online!"

Barry (stealing a line form Elvis Costello)
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused"