Judicious choice of sample URLs... oops!

Subject: Judicious choice of sample URLs... oops!
From: "Geoff Hart" <geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:24:34 -0400

A kind techwhirler pointed out to me, off-list, that the fake URL I'd
chosen to illustrate my question (how to link from an intranet page
to an external Web page) was a rather poor choice. My apologies
to anyone who actually tried out the URL and was... um...
surprised.

printed publication (let alone in a message to techwr-l!), try out the
URL first. Someone's bound to try it out (QED!), and you might be
embarassed by what they find.

For the record: The actual URL will be to FERIC's web site, which
is the example I should've used in my query. I didn't use the actual
URL because the Web site is under construction, and while I'm not
particularly ashamed of what we have up there, neither would I
promote it as an example of our best work. Some time this winter
we do hope to put up something a bit more professional.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca (Pointe-Claire, Quebec)
"Perhaps there is something deep and profound behind all those sevens, something just calling out for us to discover it. But I
suspect
that it is only a pernicious, Pythagorean coincidence." George Miller, "The Magical Number Seven" (1956)