RE: another wording question

Subject: RE: another wording question
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:31:45 -0700

Hi Ann --

How about the following?

"This message will look like the normal scheduled message, except
that its timestamp will differ."

When you say "will appear as any other message" , I'm assuming that you mean
it will have the same content, not that it uses the same display method (for
example, they both just pop up, rather than having to double-click an icon).

-- Meg
---------------------------------------
> I am writing a manual for a piece of monitoring software. This software
> sends
> out e-mail messages to designated recipients at certain pre-programmed
> times
> during the day. However, a user can interact with the system and ask it to
> send
> out a status message in between the scheduled messages. In describing this
> status message I've written:
>
> "This message will appear as any other message, except that its
> timestamp
> will be outside the normal message schedule."
>
> I'm not crazy about "outside the normal message schedule", but it's the
> best I
> can come up with at the moment. Anyone else have another idea?

Ann Howell