Re: Is there an official term?

Subject: Re: Is there an official term?
From: "Teresa Wittel" <teresa -dot- wittel -at- microchip -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:23 -0700

Jo Baer wrote:

< We still use the term "CRT screens" to refer to the 3270-emulation

My last company used "green screens" to describe the IBM AS/400
interface and shortened it to "screens" in the manual. They used
"panels" for our GUI overlay stuff. It seemed to work okay. I see
nothing wrong with "CRT screen", except every monitor is essentially a
cathode ray tube (CRT). PC terminology usually uses other terms, such
as files, dialog boxes, windows, checkboxes, etc.

Sorry I couldn't be more creative, but why change a perfectly good
term that is already well-known?

Teresa Wittel
Sr. Technical Writer
Microchip Technology, Inc.
teresa -dot- wittel -at- microchip -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re[2]: Punctuating parentheses
Next by Author: RE: Adding styles to the right mouse button
Previous by Thread: RE: Is there an official term?
Next by Thread: RE: Is there an official term?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads