RE: Is there an official term?

Subject: RE: Is there an official term?
From: "Phil Saum (UK)" <phils -at- eu -dot- citrix -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:28:25 +0100

When I used to work for a company that wrote UNIX terminal emulation
software we standardised on the term 'screen' to described the area of
information that would be displayed on a terminal 'green screen'. I think
'CRT' is a obsolete term in this context.

Dialogue and message box had distinctly different meanings though. I would
have said a message box was a box giving the user some information and
required no interactivity other than perhaps acknowledgement. A dialogue on
the other had would require some interaction between the user and the

Phil Saum
Technical Writer

CiTR!X Systems

Jo Baer wrote:

< We still use the term "CRT screens" to refer to the 3270-emulation

Previous by Author: RE: bold the colon?
Next by Author: RE: CD Browsers, Tutorials, DemoShield
Previous by Thread: RE: Is there an official term?
Next by Thread: CBT books

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads