A modest suggestion

Subject: A modest suggestion
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:07:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, everyone;

First, let me thank you all for a highly informative
list. I am sorry I did not discover it until a couple
of months ago. In that short time, I have found it to
be invaluable.

I have a suggestion, though. Our non-American friends
in many cases must use slow and/or expensive Internet
connections. In many cases they must pay a rate per
thousand characters.

Also, there are those who archive messages themselves
with bookmarks at the most applicable spots for future
reference.

To both categories of users, it seems to me helpful
NOT to quote entire previous posts. Please consider a
fast editing job, just quoting those most cogent few
lines that provide the predicate of your own post.

At the moment, my personal account is on Yahoo. For
those of use with Internet email, the problem is
compounded because the current listserv for reasons
known only to Eric, the software developer, and God
doubles each message.

So please don't just check the box to "quote all" when
you make a reply. I, other Internet mail clients, and
our overseas members thank you.

Cordially,

David Neeley

=====