Re: Word ignores my Heading style attributes

Subject: Re: Word ignores my Heading style attributes
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- superconnect -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:41:24 +1000

In Word 97, you need to use Text Position on the Customize Outline Numbered
List dialog.

Format > Style > (select Heading 1) > Modify > Format > Numbering.
On the Bullets and Numbering dialog, choose the Outline Numbered Page.
Click the Customize button.
On the Customize Outline Numbered List dialog, type your indent (0.5) in
the Text Position box.
Click OK twice to return to the Style dialog.
Repeat for headings 2,3,4. Close the Style dialog.
All should be well now!

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Now available: Electronic Editing, A quick start guide for
editing students, experienced editors making the
switch from paper to online, and anyone who needs
to write or edit electronically. For details:
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/e-edit.htm